Monday, January 10, 2011

Top 10 TV Shows of 2010: #7 Justified

America needed a Western. I personally had no idea how much I would enjoy a Western. I have never been one of those people who list it off at the top of my favorite movie genres. But as Justified was getting close to premiering I remember every time I saw a commercial I got more and more excited; then my brain could help but force to tell more and more people. Before I knew it this became one of my favorite, have-to-watch-the-night-of, shows.

Timothy Olyphant, who stars as U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens, should have recently been nominated for a Golden Globe. I know he won't be nominated for an Emmy as they often stick with the status quo and rarely think outside of the box. The Golden Globes on the other hand tend to at least nominate and notice great performances wherever they come from. The Raylan character is a bad ass Marshal whose methods are transported from a Wild West Sheriff. Throughout the first season he is being questioned and investigated for what appears to be his style of "shoot now, ask questions later". Even though he's killing people left and right, you can't help but love this character. Olyphant will be nominated someday for this role, he just has to be. Until then he'll just be one of those TV treasures you yell at your friends about for not watching.

What isn't there to like about this show. It has everything: shootouts, standoffs, romantic drama, family problems, and comedy that I definitely laughed out loud at least once every episode. Remember how excited I was with the previews and commercials leading up to this show? Well it pays off quickly in every way when the premiere climaxes with a bazooka explosion. You gotta love it.

*Justified Season 2 Premieres Wednesday, February 9th on FX*

Contact Kevin

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog stuff, duder. You should keep it up. You never know who will see it. Hope to see you soon! Oh and I want to follow your blog, but there's no link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're a member of Google you can subscribe by clicking "follow" on the top bar on the site. If you use an RSS reader for your news you can subscribe with one of those on the bar to the right.

    ReplyDelete